This segment features "Leg Day."
Get ready for a little soreness (but in a good way) as they teach you the best exercises for your hamstrings, (the back of your thighs), your quadriceps (the front of your thighs), and your calves (you know where those are).
The best part? You can do all of these exercises at home.
So put on your workout clothes and follow along as Neal and Melanie Train Your Body.
Lets get your legs in great shape!
- With your feet parallel and hip-distance apart, take one giant step forward.
- Lower your body slowly, bending both knees, and return to standing.
- Repeat on the other side.
Repeat for 10 to 15 repetitions.
(Modification) Backward Lunge:
- Use the same posture as in a forward lunge, but step backward to position the lower leg.
- Don't let the front knee push out in front of your toes.
- Stand up straight with your feet parallel and hip width apart. Cross your arms across your chest or keep your hands on your hips, if you prefer.
- Hinge forward at the hips – do not bend your spine at your lower back – as far as your body will allow while maintaining a "straight spine". You will feel a stretch in the back of your thighs.
- Slowly return to the standing position.
Heel (Calf) Raise:
- Stand with your feet about hip apart. Lift your heels up off the floor by pressing the balls of your feet into the floor.
- Hold onto the wall or a chair, if you need, in order to maintain your balance throughout the movement.