In order to further highlight this issue, it's time to debunk the top 10 child abuse myths.
What are the top 10 myths on child abuse?
- Kids are so sexual these days, it's no wonder abuse is on the rise.
- Children can't sexually abuse other children.
- If my child is abused, we should keep it a secret.
- The legal process is bad for child victims of sexual abuse.
- Abusers are easy to spot because they are creepy looking.
- My child is smart enough to walk away from an abuser.
- Women don't abuse kids.
- Children who are sexually abused themselves will abuse later.
- Real victims fight back.
- Child sexual abuse is about sex.
Author, Joelle Casteix, joins Melanie Cole, MS, to discuss (and set clear) the top 10 child abuse myths.