Of the 23.5 million teenagers and adults addicted to alcohol or drugs, only about one in 10 gets treatment.
When you or a loved one decides to get treatment, how do you find a quality center that is right for you?
Tip: dig deeper than the website.
Nowadays, web designers can create the illusion of hotel-like treatment centers with buzz words on the website like "holistic" and "individualized treatment". Do your due diligence before signing off on a facility, and speak with the staff that works there as well as any references you may be able to contact.
As Executive Director, Ilana Zivkovich ensures that each client and family served at Promises Austin receives first-rate addiction treatment with an emphasis on treating the whole person and the whole system. There are so many aspects to maintaining a healthy recovery that go beyond therapy. But, if you don't know the right questions to ask, you won't be prepared for what's ahead.
Ilana helps answer all your questions about addiction treatment centers.
Questions you should ask:
- What does the program look like?
- How often will you or your loved one receive services? (group verse individual)
- What type of holistic services do you have?
- What type of wrap-around services do you have?
- What emphasis do you place on the body?
- What is the food like? What about sleeping conditions?
- How do treatment centers differ from one to another in what they offer and the quality?
- Is your treatment covered by insurance?