Widowhood means financial burden. But, it also stimulates resilience and inner courage to conquer these complex financial matters.
Women wield their financial power differently from men. They are more likely to invest in social impact causes and things that are dear to them. They look for performance and security while putting their money where their mouths are.
Tips for Widows & Widowers
- You have to file as a beneficiary for your spouse’s retirement account.
- Get your spouse’s logins and passwords for all shared accounts.
- Be sure you have the permissions to access your spouse’s trust.
- Know that you may endure probate.
- File for survivor’s social security.
- Sit down and discuss everything while your spouse is alive if possible.
Smarty Pants Vitamins