But, people can disarm the harmful effects of stress naturally and holistically. Dr. Bradley Nelson offers these six tips for beating the stress of daily life.
- Control what is in you. Eat healthy, live whole foods. The shorter the time from tree to tasting, from ground to gourmet, the more positive energy you will receive.
- Control what is around you. Stay away from chronically toxic people and situations. Stay off of negative social media.
- Eliminate clutter, physical and spiritual. Clean lines and open spaces in your living area can provide calmness and serenity. Purge yourself of emotional clutter like trapped emotions.
- Literally “ground” yourself. This concept is also known as “earthing.” You know that great feeling you have after a day at the beach? That is about more than a day of relaxation. Standing or walking in bare feet in grass, sand, or even on a concrete surface that is immediately above the soil can rid your body of ever-so-damaging negative energy.
- Embrace joy. As they say, “laughter is the best medicine.” Share random hugs and smiles. Think about all you have to be grateful for and share that gratitude. Keep negative energy at bay with positive thoughts and acts.
- Slow down and love the little things. Humans have adopted the rat race as a way of life, and it need not be that way. There is nothing and no one more important than YOU. Make sure you have sufficient alone time and use it to enjoy what makes you content. A walk in the woods, smelling fresh-cut grass, watching children play, a day of reading... The possibilities are endless.