What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The expression and suppression of genes.
- How genes get passed on between generations.
- How to turn the bad genes off.
- How to eat for your genes.
- Understanding your genes to find out food and nutrition tolerance.
- How to use stress in life to your advantage.
- Your genes and mental health.
- More from his book The Genetics of Health: Understanding Your Genes for Better Health.
High Five Highlights
- What drives you in your writing? Fundamentally I’m just a creator.
- What’s the best advice you were ever given? Worry about your own work, do good work, and be positive and everything will work out.
- In 30 years of being an MD, you have never missed a day of work due to illness. Is that true? What is your secret? Yes, that is true. It's due to eating well, staying physically fit, not worrying about things, and practicing moderation.
- Do you have a favorite book or quote you can share? “Two roads diverged in the woods and I took the one less traveled, and that has made all the difference.” ~ Robert Frost
- Finish this sentence: ”Throughout my life, the most important thing I have learned is…” The power of love, the fact that people know that you care… that makes a difference.
Share the Show! If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/